If it’s not accessible, it’s not radical!
We love having Accessibility Hour to make an equitable space for folks who need it, but due to increased demand and limited space, we’ve made a handy guide to help you figure out if it’s right for you!
Please note that accessibility is available ONLY to folks who contact us ahead of time, and we have around 15 spots available. We want to keep this space accessible and rely on you to keep it that way!
Who It’s For:
These are the types of folks we had in mind when creating Accessibility Hour, but it is not the end all be all—only you know what’s accessible or inaccessible to you.
- Folks with mobility aids, prostheses, or medical devices that could be damaged or become unstable if bumped in a crowd.
- Folks with impaired vision or who are hard of hearing and would be at risk in a loud and crowded space.
- Folks with limited mobility or chronic pain that would make shopping at the swap and navigating crowds inaccessible.
- Folks with sensory or anxiety disorders that make crowded and busy spaces inaccessible to them.
Other Things to Know:
- Folks attending accessibility hour can bring ONE guest. We ask that anyone shopping (Accessibility hour attendees and guests) consider paying the optional entry donation if they’re able. Non-shopping guests do not have to donate.
- We ask that attendees take what they need rather than as much as they want, as accessibility hour folks have first access. We’ll never tell you it’s too much! You know what you need 😊 But please be mindful that other folks are shopping after you.
- If our spots fill up, we will have a waitlist. We’ll be reaching out to confirm all attendees two days prior to the swap. If you can no longer make it, please let us know ASAP, so that we’re able to notify the next person on the list.
If you have any questions, or to sign up, please email email@example.com
To sign up please include your full name, if you will be bringing a guest, and which swap (Big Fat Super Swap or Inbetweenie Swap) you want to attend.
Big Fat Super Swap Spring 2020 has moved to wait list. Please email to be on the wait list. Inbetweenie Swap is still accepting sign ups.
Note: Please check individual swap posts to see if we have begun accepting sign ups, we may ask you to email again when the time is right.